Scheduling your routine dental appointments a few times a year is critical to helping you get the best results and keeping your smile as beautiful as possible. But when you work full-time at a job, making it during regular business hours during the week can make it impossible without having to miss work. Rather than using up your sick time or paid vacation, or just missing work, you may wonder whether dentists are open on Saturdays for you to use.
According to Song Cosmetic Dentistry, a dentist near me, many dental offices will be open on Saturdays. It is up to the individual dentist, but many will choose to have some office availability on the weekend since many of their patients are busy during the week with their own jobs. You can take a look at many dental offices and compare whether they are just open during the week or on the weekends as well to make it easier to keep up with all of your dental needs.
Let’s take a look at some of the office hours that are present for many dentists and determine how you can find one that will be open on the days that you need them the most.
Can I Go to a Dentist on the Weekend?
Many Americans do not have the time to go to the dentist during the week due to their own jobs and schedules. They still may want to take care of their teeth, but it is too difficult to make it, and they just can’t fit it around the other obligations. When this happens, it may be time to look at whether you can go to the dentist on the weekend instead.
It is becoming more common for dental practices to have at least some availability during the weekend to accommodate patients who can’t make it in during the week. While individual dentists may want to have the weekends off, the larger companies will hire dentists and do some rotation so that someone is there on the weekend.
This makes it more convenient for the patient to get in and take good care of their teeth, no matter the problem that they have. The patient will need to shop around and see what the hours are for the different dentists in their area.
What Dental Services Can I Have Done on Saturday?
Each dental office will be a little different, but there are different services that can be offered on the weekend. It can also depend on whether you are going to a normal dental clinic or have emergency dental needs. Some of the services that your Saturday dentist may be willing to provide include the following:
- Knocked-out teeth: If you have a tooth that gets knocked out, then you may want to visit the dentist and get it fixed as soon as possible. It is best to get it taken care of as soon as you can to protect the mouth and the tooth.
- Fix fillings and crowns: If your crown or filling falls out, this is often considered a dental emergency. There are a few options you can try at home if there are no dentists available in your area, but it is best to contact your dentist and get an appointment as soon as possible, even on the weekend.
- Extractions: This is more of a last-resort type of procedure that you can have done. The dentist will usually try a few other options to help avoid this if they can, usually with a root canal if possible. If there is no saving of the tooth and you have a ton of pain, then you would need an extraction on the weekend.
- Toothache treatment: If you have a severe toothache that will not go away, then you may want to visit the dentist on a Saturday. If the pain is not too intense, then you could probably wait.
- Regular checkups: You could get some non-emergency care on the weekends as well since many patients are not able to make it in during the week due to their busy schedules. You will have to talk to your dental clinic to see whether they offer this as well.
There are many dentists who will offer these kinds of services to their patients, but you will have to check out each individual one and see whether they are able to offer this for your dental needs.
Making It to the Dentist
If you are like many Americans, finding time to make it to an appointment in the middle of the day during the week can seem like an impossible task. You are busy and just don’t have the time to get it done. Finding a dentist who is open on the weekends, specifically on Saturday, will help take some of the stress off while ensuring that you will be able to take the best care of your smile.