If you are considering buying a suit, you are likely looking at your options. One option is to buy a custom suit. You might have heard that custom suits are expensive. While custom suits can be pricier than other suits, they can be worth the money, according to Jeffrey Scott, who creates custom suits in New Jersey. There are pros and cons to buying a custom suit. Are they worth it?
Is a Custom Suit Worth It?
In short, custom suits are worth the extra money if you can afford it. There are several reasons to get a custom suit instead of a ready-to-wear one.
How Much Does a Custom Suit Cost?
According to CNBC, you can expect to pay $800 to $1,800 for a custom suit. The prices vary by many factors. This can include fabric and quality of the fabric, style of suit, and the company you buy it from. You might find suits that cost more or less than the range mentioned.
Benefits of Buying a Custom Suit
As stated, custom suits are worth the extra money. There are several reasons for this:
– They are made of higher-quality materials. When you buy a custom suit, you will find that it’s made of high-quality fabric. It will last longer than other suits, making it worth the extra money. These materials are also more comfortable than other materials.
– They are tailored to fit you appropriately. You won’t have to worry about wearing a suit that’s too big or too small. The tailor will take your measurements professionally, so you get a suit that fits well.
– You have a say in the colors, fabrics, and design. If you do not like ready-to-wear suit designs, this is a great option for you. You can select the right style for your preferences.
– No one will have the same suit as you. Because you get to choose the colors, fabrics, and more, no one will match you. You can stand out.
Should You Buy a Trendy Suit or a Classic Suit?
It’s a good idea to opt for a classic design. You want to be able to wear a custom suit for years. According to Business Insider, a custom suit should last five to 10 years. The current trends will change over the next decade. Then, your pricey suit will be out of style.
How to Get a Custom Suit
There are a couple of ways to get a custom suit. These are all reasonable ways to do so. Buying in person is preferred. Buying online is another option, but there are a few advantages.
– Buy local. When you buy a local suit, you can see all the fabrics in-person. You can also get style advice. Alterations are often included in the cost of the suit. Measurements are taken professionally so you can trust that the suit will fit.
– Use an online tailor. There are many online stores that offer custom suits. You will need to take your own measurements, which can lead to errors. You also cannot see the fabrics ahead of time. You cannot get guidance from the tailor either. Online tailors may be less expensive. You might have a wider selection too.
You might also buy a suit while traveling. For example, if you visit an Asian country, you can find custom suits. Be careful about doing this. According to Montagio, they may be made quickly. This often means that they are cheap and may not be of the quality you are looking for.
Tips for Ordering a Custom Suit
Here are a few tips to make the custom suit process a success.
– Ask to see a suit in the fabric of your choice. It will look different from the small fabric swatch you see.
– Consider how often you will wear the suit. If you wear a suit often, you could splurge a little bit on a high-quality fabric. If you do not wear a suit often, a suit on the lower end of the price range will work.
– Be open with the tailor. Be sure to tell the tailor about your preferences. Don’t be afraid to speak up if you have a question or a concern.
– Look at reviews to find a tailor to use. There are many tailors who specialize in custom suits. To narrow down your options, look at online reviews. You can also talk with friends or family for recommendations.
– Search for pictures of suits online to get ideas. You should have some idea of what you want before you meet a tailor. You don’t have to know exactly what you want, but it can help to have planned ahead. Then you can select a tailor with the proper aesthetic.
– Check out a tailor’s work ahead of time. Some tailors stick to a specific style. Look for one that has a similar style to the suit you’re wanting.
In general, it is worth it to buy a custom suit. The higher price tag is something to consider. For many people, having a custom suit that lasts a while and fits well is worth the extra money. There are several ways to get custom suits. You should have several options when making a choice.