There are so many wedding dress styles to choose from. It is no wonder that brides often feel overwhelmed when shopping for a wedding dress. The less time you have to shop, the more pressure there is. Narrow your search down with the most popular wedding dress styles. Knowing the styles helps tremendously.
No two women are the same. Knowing your body type can help you find the best wedding dress for the shape you are. However, you should also understand that some styles look better on certain body types.
You can read more about different body types at Stitch Fix.
Which Waistlines Are Most Popular?
Fleur de Lys Bridal, a bridal shop in Essex, has detailed all of the most common and popular styles and options for wedding dresses right here. Below you can find more information on the different options for waistlines in wedding dresses.
- Princess: A princess waistline is when the wedding dress does not have a very well-defined waistline. The hem of the princess seams run from the top of the dress to the bottom.
- Natural: More and more brides are choosing a natural waist dress. It is where the dress is made show off the waistline naturally. It can be made with any material and most of the time with any kind of dress.
- Empire: An empire dress is when the seam of the waist is just below the bust. After the waistline the dress flows elegantly to the ground. It gives a flowing and elegant look. A lot of women with larger hips choose this as the go to style of dress because it adds such great style to the waist.
Which Styles of Straps Are Worn?
Now that you have a better understanding of the most popular waistlines, you can now read about the most popular straps for wedding dresses. Check them out now!
- Sleeveless: One of the most popular wedding dress styles out right now is sleeveless. This is a dress that simply does not have any sleeves. The dress will simply flow from the bust down. Any neckline goes great with a sleeveless dress too!
- Strapless: Strapless wedding dresses are being worn most of the time. They have become one of the most popular wedding dress styles sold today.
- Traditional Spaghetti Strap: This style has been around for a while but is becoming more and more popular in wedding dresses. There are straps that you can get that are not painful to wear too.
- Long Sleeves: With all of the short sleeve styles being so popular you wouldn’t think that long sleeves are very popular. However, they are very popular. You can get long sleeve wedding dresses made with a stunning see-through lace. Not only is it a very graceful look, but it is also very modest.
- Cap Sleeves: Cap sleeves are very close to no sleeves but not quite sleeveless. You can say that the sleeve caps the shoulder. This can be done in a number of stunning fabrics to make it all your own creation. Many brides are choosing capped sleeves with an open back.
What About the Most Popular Silhouettes?
There are a lot of different silhouettes to choose from when looking at wedding dresses. Hopefully this list of most popular wedding dress styles will help you decide which one you like best.
- A-Line: This is one of the most popular wedding dress styles chosen. The reason it is called A-line is because of the shape that the dress makes when worn, an A. Plus, it is great for any shape of woman.
- Mini Dress: You would not think it, but mini dresses have become a very popular choice of dress style for wedding dresses. This is where the hem of the dress falls right above the knee. Anything more would be considered knee-length.
- Ball Gown: This style of wedding dress may never go out of style thanks to all of the princess stories. Besides, who wouldn’t want to feel like a princess on their wedding day?
You can check out some of the most popular wedding dresses at The Sun.
Hopefully this information has been helpful to you. Before long you will be wearing the dress of your dreams. If you would like some more information on wedding dress styles you can check out this helpful YouTube video. Remember that it may seem difficult finding the right dress, but it is out there waiting for you and your groom will love you in it.